This game was S-L-O-P-P-Y! My gosh! Here I thought the team would actually improve but instead they looked worse today than on Friday night. Actually, tonight's game reminded me A LOT of last season, which is NOT a good thing at all. This game was SO weak, the AP wasn't even there, so I have no pictures to put up.
In the first half, the team rebounded poorly, shot poorly, and turned the ball over way too much. They played like they didn't want to be there. The attendance sucked as welll. It might have been more empty than the Exhibition games. My friend and I heard probably the weakest "Cyclone Power" chant we've ever heard. It sounded like 4 or 5 guys on each end of the court doing it..
Probably the worst thing about the game, was actually what I found out about the concessions. Remember how the Walking Tacos used to be bomb? They'd load it up, and you got to put on the condiments yourself? Not anymore! Instead, they charge you the same $5 and barley put anything in there!....Total rip!
Also, remember the Clone Cones? How they were so big you'd have to put it in a bowl because your cone couldn't handle it? Not anymore! Still the same $3.50, but it isn't even a respectable amount of ice cream on the cone!
It looks like I'll actually be saving money this basketball season, as I'm going to totally dodge these ripoffs!
If you're interested in the game, here's a quick summary:
- Our Starting 5 shot 29% from the floor tonight
- Fortunately our bench, lead by Christopherson and JVB, shot 68% tonight.
- We hit 9 three pointers on 16 attempts. Had we shot closer to the 30% range, this may have been an 8-10 point victory. That's how bad it was today.
- ISU barely outrebounded Chi-State 44 to 38
- We had 14 assists to 16 turnovers
- We also only made 19 free throws on 30 attempts
I could go on and on and on, but hopefully this helps show you how bad of a game this was. There were no MVPs of this game in my mind. Here are the stat lines from some of the key players:
Brackins: 8 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 6 blocks, and 1 steal in 27 minutes of action
- Gilstrap: 11 points, 15 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, and 1 steal in 27 minutes of action
- Christopherson: 12 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 steals in 20 minutes of action
- Vanderbeken: 11 points (3 of 3 from downtown), 5 rebounds, and 1 block in 14 minutes of action
Also, Dendy missed the game as he is expected to miss 2 weeks due to a sprained knee, apparently injured during practice. Hamilton fouled out of this game in only 18 minutes of action as well.
The guys have one day to prepare, then they take this on the road to Drake. I will be in attendance at that game as well. There is absolutley no reason why we should lose at Drake. I expect us to play much better than we did today.