Good afternoon/evening all! After coming back from a long weekend in the Rockies, Clone Chronicles is back on track! Even though Week 1 did not end until yesterday, today was still the day players and coaches talked to the media. Below are some takes on the game:
- Iowa opens as a 6.5 point favorite, with an over/under at 45 points.
- Paul Rhoads expects Iowa to bring it.
- Sedrick Johnson is expected to play, Houston Jones is out, and the Cy-Hawk game is about chicken wings.
- Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse has a Grandma that makes infamous mashed potatoes.
- Iowa drops out of the AP and Coaches' Polls.
- Adam Robinson apparently takes over for Paki O'Meara at running back. Let the controversy begin!
- O-linemen Kyle Calloway and Julian Vandervelde are back. Good. This now gives Iowa fans only 1 excuse if they lose, and you know they love their excuses
- Tim Griffin calls the Cy-Hawk game a 3 star matchup.
- The Gazette apparently thinks that Paul Rhoads offered Stanzi a scholarship at Pittsburgh. Since when does a DC offer a QB? I'd love to hear Rhoads' side of the story to see a) if this is true or b) if Pitt offered Stanzi, Rhoads said "we offered Stanzi" (referring to the Pitt program) and The Gazette somehow interpreted it as Rhoads doing the recruiting.
Another side note, do you get fired up by mascots staring each other down? I certainly do not.
I'd rather see something like this: