- Records: ISU (5-3, 2-2), A&M (4-3, 1-2)
- Date: Saturday, October 31st, 2009
Location: Kyle Field, College Station, TX
- Time: 2:30pm CDT
TV: None, have to listen to the radio
- Line: ISU +6.5, O/U 60.5
Injuries: Reggie Stephens (out, appendix), Austen Arnaud (questionable, hand), Alexander Robinson (probable, groin), and Ter'ran Benton (out for the season, leg).
At A Glance:
ISU coming off a huge win, against all odds, tries to keep it going when they go down to Kyle field on Saturday. A lot of questions about the Cyclones heading into Saturday is this is a banged up, worn out team, with another player out in Reggie Stephens. It's going to take a similar gritty effort as last week by the Cyclones to have a shot in this one. A&M, similar to Iowa State, is coming off a big win that many did not expect either. They also appear to be healthy, and have the benefit of playing at home. The story of this game is about which team is the most motivated, and who has the most heart.
Things You Should Know, Keys to the Game, and My Prediction After The Jump!
Things You Should Know:
- A-Rob should start, but Arnaud not as sure. I'd love to see both guys healthy, especially since Reggie Stephens is out. Hoping that A-Rob stays healthy all game and Arnaud finds a way to play effective as well, and that's not a shot at Tiller at all.
- Texas A&M can put up the points. They are 5th in scoring, averaging 35.9 points per game. They are also 4th in yards/game, averaging 489 yards/game, 308 of which come through the air.
- Texas A&M allows the points as well. They are 99th in allowing about 32 points/game. They are 94th in the yards allowed, allowing 411 yards/game, 152 of which come on the ground (72nd).
- While the A&M allows a lot of yards and points, they have a solid pass rush. They are 17th in the Nation in sacks, averaging almost 3 per game. Von Miller is a man to fear, with 12 sacks, the most in the Nation.
- A&M has a solid QB in Jerrod Johnson. He is 2nd in the Big 12 in passing yards, and has thrown more TDs and less INTs than Colt McCoy.
- Don't look at the K-State game and think A&M will be a pushover. This is a team that's strengths play into our weaknesses. It's going to be tough to pick up a win, provided A&M shows up for the game.
There's not a whole lot of surprises here. A&M can score, but doesn't play defense, similar to Kansas. How ISU does depends on the injury situation and mental preparation. I have no idea what to expect, or how it will go.
Keys To The Game:
Take care of the football. 0 turnovers last week was beautiful, and hopefully they can continue it this week. ISU can't afford to give that potent offense extra possessions.
Force turnovers. We aren't going to pick up 8, but winning the turnover margin is key for the Cyclone victory.
- Play as a team. ISU needs to have the "next guy in" attitude. They proved last week that if the whole team is on the same page, with a little bit of heart and luck, you can win.
ISU 21, A&M 31. I think ISU suffers a letdown with what has gone on this week. But then again, I could be dead wrong, and this team could pull another suprise. It's becoming ridiculous to try to predict the outcomes of games in the Big 12 this season...
How do you see this one playing out?