Today the Big 12 released ISU's schedule of games. Oddly, it begins with a non-conference game aginst North Dakota State, however it will be on TV.
I will say that I am a little dissapointed with the TV coverage as it is pretty standard. Typically we are on ESPN against Kansas every year. Other than the 2 Kansas games, we are on ESPNU against NDSU, and ESPN2 once against Kansas State.
Here's Iowa State's Conference Schedule (all times are Central):
- Saturday, Jan 9: vs. North Dakota State, 3pm, ESPNU
- Wednesday, Jan 13: vs. Texas, 7pm, Big 12 Network
- Saturday, Jan 16: @ Nebraska, TBA
- Wednesday, Jan 20: @ Texas Tech, TBA
- Saturday, Jan 23: Kansas, 3pm, ESPN
- Wednesday, Jan 27: @ Oklahoma, 8pm, Big 12 Network
- Saturday, Jan 30: Colorado, TBA
- Wednesday, Feb 3: @ Baylor, TBA
- Saturday, Feb 6: Kansas State, 1pm, ESPN2
- Wednesday, Feb 10: @ Missouri, 8pm
- Saturday, Feb 13: @ Kansas, 7pm, ESPN
- Wednesday, Feb 16: Oklahoma State, 7pm, Big 12 Network
- Saturday, Feb 20: Texas A&M, 12:30pm, Big 12 Network
- Wednesday, Feb 24: Nebraska, TBA
- Saturday, Feb 27: @ Colorado, 12:30pm, Big 12 Network
- Tuesday, March 2: Missouri, TBA
- Saturday, March 6: @ Kansas State, 5pm, Big 12 Network
I figured with Craig Brackins coming back and on the national radar, I was hoping ESPN would throw us a bone and give us a Big Monday game. I guess ISU is going to have to earn National Exposure.
The non-conference schedule should be released in the next month or so.
What are your thoughts on the conference schedule?